WHAT IS START-UP DENMARK?
Start-up Denmark program is a system for foreign entrepreneurs giving you the chance to be approved a Danish residence permit in order to set up and run an innovative company. The business must have high growth, potential innovative as well as global market scope.
Your business plan must be accepted by a team of experts selected by the Danish Business Authority before SIRI can process your application for a residence and work permit based on the scheme.
The scheme can be used by both individuals and teams of up to 3 people who want to start a business together in Denmark through a joined business plan.
You will be granted a residence and work permit for a period of up to 2 years. It is possible to extend your permit for up to 3 years at a time.
Note: Business such as restaurants, retail shops, small businesses, and import/export enterprise will not be considered for this program. If you are a shareholder – you cannot be granted a permit based on the Start-up Denmark
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Start-up Denmark is for self-employed persons and only non-EU (European Union) and non-EEA (European Economic Area) citizens can apply.
- Business must be innovative and scalable with a clear growth potential, Danish Authority fundamentally looking for a clever business models that seize an opportunity and accelerate the development of a new market or industry.
- Must be min 2 years of business experience.
- Have sufficient investment amount to start up business in Denmark.
SUFFICIENT FUNDS REQUIRED FOR INITIAL YEAR:
- 140,376 DKK if you are in Denmark without any family,
- 280,752 DKK if your spouse is accompanying you to Denmark,
- 326,940 DKK if your spouse and one or more children are accompanying you to Denmark,
- 186,564 DKK if one or more children, but not your spouse, are accompanying you to Denmark
THE FOLLOWING IS A BRIEF OUTLINE PROGRAM IN DETAIL:
Step 1: Check Elgibility
Step 2: Online Portal: Submit your innovative business plan which describes market analysis, product analysis, competitive analysis and financial analysis, team and competences. Business idea should be with proper vision and creative approach for the development of the Danish business community.
Step 3: Evaluation: The Denmark expert group of 4 people will evaluate your business plan. If your business plan is approved by panel expert then you will receive an approval email in 2 months and also may call you for an interview.
Step 4: Apply for Work permit: Submit your passport and approval letter to Danish Immigration Authority.
Step 5: Visa approval: Danish Immigration Authority will process your visa application file and will notify about the result in 2 months of submission.
- Online Portal Fee: Not Applicable
- Visa application fee: DKK 2000.
The visa validity is granted for a period of up to two years with the possibility of extension for three years at a time.
BENEFITS OF ENTREPRENEUR VISA:
- Low investment amount.
- Live in the Denmark with your family.
- Get most social benefits that Danish citizens receive, including health care coverage.
- Live and work anywhere in Denmark.
- The benefit of experience and in-depth knowledge of our experts in this process.