Express Entry is the selection system for Canada immigration. The eligible candidates may submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and need to create an online Express Entry profile to enter into the Express Entry Pool, where they are given a score towards the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Candidates are assigned a score out of 1,200 under the CRS.
CRS is not a selection criterion but it’s a ranking system for candidates who are eligible under immigration programs of Canada.
Salient Features of Canada Express Entry Program
The key features of the unique Express Entry System:
- The candidates who will be selected under the Canada Express Entry System will be granted the status of Canada permanent residency.
- The system allows the candidates to create an online free of charge profile that can be retained for a period of 1 year. Candidates can relaunched after 1 year, subjected to validity of documents like IELTS.
- Candidate must get their educational accomplishments assessed from a Canadian designated evaluation body like WES and must write a language test (approved) to ensure their linguistic skills in either French or English.
- CRS assess the candidates on the basis of several pre-determined criteria like:
- Language Skills
- Educational Qualifications
- Professional Exposure, and
- Other important profile traits that can be the evidence of new entrants in settling down in the Canadian environment.
- After profile check, CRS ranks the candidates on the basis of their profiles.
- Candidates can score additional marks through the two conditions below:
- Earning a sponsorship from a wiling Canadian State called a provincial nomination; or
- Full-time work experience from a Canadian employer.
- Canada conducts draws for selection at regular intervals to select eligible candidates with highest scores, or with a provincial nomination, or with a permanent employment offer from a Canadian employer.
- Selected candidates will get 60 days of time to submit their application. Failing to do within this time period will cancel their invitation.
Contact us for a free assessment and eligibility for submission of your profile