Germany has always been a desirable place to live because of its stable economy, excellent employment opportunities, and overall high quality of life. While you can come to Germany on a tourist visa, the most common way to move here permanently (other than by marrying a German citizen) is through obtaining a residence permit or Aufenthaltserlaubnis in German.
According to the new German skilled immigration act, you can apply for permanent residency if you live in Germany legally for five years said a leading Germany visa consultant in Hyderabad. You must have lived in Germany for at least 18 months each year during those five years. Even, this is possible to apply only after three years if you are married to a German citizen or if your children are citizens and live in Germany. If you fulfil these requirements, it is time to decide whether or not you want permanent residency.
There are two kinds of resident permits: temporary and permanent. The requirements for each are different. If you want to stay in Germany for more than three months, you need a residence permit. This is valid for one year and can be extended. However, if you want to stay in Germany permanently, you will need a permanent residence permit. If you are going to Germany to study for a short-term period, it is better to apply for a visa before leaving your country, as getting a work permit while in Germany is not easy. After your visa expires, you must leave Germany and apply from outside. Once you get approval from the embassy, you can come back again, here comes a vital role of an experienced Germany visa consultant who can guide you.
The permanent permit is given to people who have been granted a visa, which allows them to live and work in Germany. This visa can be applied for after you have lived in Germany for five years on your temporary residence permit. Once you have received your permanent residence, you can stay in Germany indefinitely as long as you continue to meet all of your obligations under German law.
Those who are extremely professional and want to work in Germany need to prove that they have enough funds to support themselves for at least six months. If you’re self-employed, you need to show that your business is profitable. The federal employment agency of Germany approved that if an applicant has more than €1,600 per month income, they will be eligible for getting a residence permit as long as they can prove that their monthly expenses do not exceed €750. The applicant must also submit all documents proving their capacity to pay such expenses.
● To apply, you must be able to demonstrate that you can speak, read and write fluently in German.
● you can do this by submitting an official certificate of proficiency from a reputable institution (or several) or by taking an exam such as Goethe-Zertifikat C2.
● If you don’t have any experience with German, it is highly recommended that you start learning now.
● It is good for you if you can speak at least on a B1 level to communicate and understand what is being said.
● You need to pass a test called “life in Germany” to learn about life in Germany and how it is different from your country.
● You also need to know about German history, culture, politics, and economy.
● Permanent residents have the same rights as German citizens, except they cannot vote or hold public office. They are also not allowed to work without permission.
Required documents are mentioned below.
● Application Form for Visa and Residence Permit or Residence Permit (Niederlassungserlaubnis) (available at the local immigration office)
● Passport photo
● Original birth certificate
● Marriage certificate
● Proof of health insurance
● Proof of income
● Certificate of no criminal record from your home country
● If you are married, proof that your spouse has legal permission to live in Germany.
● Documents proving that you can support yourself and any dependents. Document showing proof of accommodation (e.g., contract or rental agreement)
● Proof that you have been living in Germany (The certificate of registration of language)
● Proof that you have sufficient knowledge of the German language
● If applicable, a document showing proof of German citizenship or right to stay in Germany (e.g., if your mother is German)
To become a permanent resident, you need to apply for a residency permit (Aufenthaltstitel) in your local foreign office. Just go to the German immigration office and fill out forms A1, A2, or A3. After that, you will get an appointment date and time, where you have to bring all required documents like passport copy, insurance certificate, etc. Post this, they will decide if they can give you permanent residence or not.
The below is an estimation and can vary in reality.
● A skilled worker pays €113 or 9641 rupees.
● The price for freelancers or self-employed professionals is €124 or INR 10,582.
● For professionals with at least a Master’s degree, the fee is €147 or INR 12,544.
For further information regarding Germany immigration process and also for study, you can contact Visa Tech Overseas, a Germany Visa Consultant in Hyderabad.